So, it happened. You stepped right smack dab in the middle of a fire ant mound and now you have dozens of mad, biting ants piercing your flesh, injecting their stingers, and filling you with venom…OUCH! What do you next? Here are a few things you can do to ease your pain and speed your way to recovery!
- First things first! Get rid of any and all ants on your skin; they will not stop biting! And since they latch on with their mandibles, you will literally need to rub them off. And be sure they don’t start biting your hand, either! Rub them off quickly!
- Next, carefully wash the area with mild soap and water.
- If needed, gently apply ice to the bite to relieve stinging. (These bites BURN!) Continue to apply ice whenever needed to decrease pain or itching.
- In order to further reduce the stinging and burning, try applying a paste of meat tenderizer and water or baking soda and water. These natural alternatives have been found to reduce swelling and pain.
- Some people have found relief with aloe vera gel or an application of tea tree oil.
- An over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream can be applied as well to manage pain/swelling.
- Dabbing on hydrogen peroxide is another option that has been shown to provide relief.
Remember: If you begin to experience any signs of difficulty breathing, nausea, chest pain, light-headedness, severe swelling or any other strong reaction, immediately seek professional help. Allergic reactions can be life-threatening!
Good News Pest Solutions can solve your pest control problems with industry leading Eco-Superior (Environmental, Pet and Family Friendly) methods and products, and our certified, professional staff can eliminate all of your pest problems. If you need pest control services, contact us today!