Admit it, you sometimes come to this site just to find something scary, especially this time of year. Well, you’re in luck! Our post this week is super scary… Scary goodness, that is!
Everybody loves a tasty cookie and these fun cookies will surely hit the spot. Give your little princesses and superheroes a real treat, or save these for the adults’ party! Either way these Spooky Bat Cookies are sure to please!
Spooky Bat Cookies
- 24 round chewy caramels in milk chocolate (from 12-oz bag), unwrapped
- (or substitute fun size candy bars for chocolatey-er bats)
- 1 package (16 oz) Pillsbury™ Ready To Bake!™ refrigerated chocolate chip cookies (24 cookies)
- 24 chocolate wafer cookies, broken in half
- 12 black gumdrops, cut in half lengthwise
- 48 red mini candy-coated chocolate candies
- Optional – for Vampire bats, you’ll also need 48 candy corns
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Press 1 caramel (or chocolate) into center of each cookie dough round, and shape into a ball to cover caramel completely.
- Place balls approximately 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned on edges and set.
- Immediately insert chocolate wafer halves into cookie at an angle for bat wings.
- Press gumdrops and red candies on cookie for eyes as shown.
- If making Vampire bats, press the candy corns in now, too.
- Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
This recipe makes 24 fun little bat cookies for the whole family to enjoy! And Happy Halloween!
Recipe courtesy of Pillsbury.com!